Rogue Territory

When it comes to jeans, if you're like me, the most important things are fit, quality, and style. I've spent a lot of time and money searching for the perfect pair of jeans, but it wasn't until I learned how to make jeans that I found a reasonable way to consistently get the perfect pair.

I've been studying denim and denim culture for over 10 years. I've tracked the trends, styles, and use of fabric in these past years and have amassed a wealth of knowledge through my passion for all things denim.

Rogue Territory is a fully bespoke premium denim company...yes, my jeans are handmade by me from start to finish. I use the highest quality denim from all over the world and can make any style: vintage, contemporary, and modern alike.

Use this blog as a way to learn about all things denim, and who knows, maybe one day I'll see you at the shop.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rogue Territory in Details Magazine

Check it out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Taken straight from page 144 in the March 2008 issue in Details Magazine. I typed it out word for word for y'all.
........

Where to Buy Your New Favorite Pair: Rogue Territory

Nothing will turn you into a bespoke-denim snob faster than an afternoon spent trying on baggy-assed five-pockets in a claustrophobic fitting room. L.A.'s new Rogue Territory, a denim altelier inside American Rag's World Denim Bar in Hollywood, makes bespoke and made-to-measure jeans with a huge variety of fabrics (raw indigo, Cone Mills selvedge), cuts (five-pocket, relaxed), and hardware (rivets and buttons in copper and silver). Better yet, owner Karl Thoennessen can clone the pair you've worn to death after just three 45-minute visits - which is probably less time than it would take to find a worthy option at a boutique. Custom pairs from $495

to see a full pic copy and paste the link below in your browser:
http://i30.tinypic.com/1yk6sl.jpg

BTW Altelier...I didn't know what it meant, I had to wikipedia it. So, for all those who are in the same boat, Altelier is the French word for "workshop".

Quote from Wikipedia:
"Atelier is a French word literally translated as "workshop". In English, it is used to refer to an artist's working studio, typically a fashion studio for Haute couture. It can also be used as shorthand for the Atelier Method, a style of art instruction."

I bet you didn't expect the free lesson :)

No comments: